Sheffield, Full-time, Permanent, £28-£32k (subject to experience)
We’re looking for a Digital Designer (3+ years relevant experience) to drive creative output across a range of innovative projects. You will have a strong pedigree in visual design, demonstrated expertise in creating digital design systems, and a solid approach to delivering consistent development-ready work.
As a Digital Designer, you are a talented and driven person who partners with technology to make work that solves problems and is visually brilliant.
We strongly believe in the benefits of a collaborative work environment. Our designers need to communicate their ideas across the entire team on a daily basis.
Joi Polloi is a double-BAFTA winning independent digital studio based in Sheffield, specialising in creative technology, tools and digital content. We engage people, transform organisations and elevate brands through unified digital experiences, bespoke platforms and innovative products.
We work across four key sectors covering Museums and Heritage, Broadcast and Media, Brands and Retail and the Public sector. We work with brands such as The Imperial War Museum, BBC, Channel 4, The Children’s Hospital charity, University of Sheffield and others.
Our beautiful office is located in Kelham Island, Sheffield, where we collaborate to produce multi-award winning, innovative work. Everyone has the freedom to flourish in their roles whilst allowing you to not just suggest, but to create change and better ways of thinking and doing things.
- 3+ years of experience, preferably part of that in an agency environment.
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- Finger on the pulse of digital design, always inquisitive, eager to see and share the latest and greatest ideas.
- Be able to communicate about your ideas clearly with confidence with the rest of the project team and clients.
- Adobe Creative Suite should be a core element of your toolbox.
- Be able to plan out a solution by creating sitemaps and wireframes.
- Understand how the design will work in a digital environment.
- The ability to demonstrate an experience of designing, innovative layouts and designs that scale and flex across different platforms, including web, mobile and physical installations etc.
- Producing component-based design systems and adapting brand guidelines to create scalable systems.
- A user-centric design approach, evidenced by considerations for accessibility, technology platforms, whilst always trying to push to discover solutions.
- A great attitude, with a strong work ethic, never afraid to work outside your comfort zone with the pride to never leave a job half done.
Nice to haves
Interest and skills in additional areas of design (3D, animation, After Effects, photography, illustration etc)
- Phenomenal office space in Kelham Island.
- Flexi-time — Our staff currently work as much from home or the office as they feel comfortable with and we will maintain a high level of flexible working in the future.
- 24 days holiday (rising to 27 over 3 years) + statutory holidays + birthday bonus day off
- Company pension contribution
- Westfield Health plan, including optical and dental costs
- Perks package including discounts on gym membership, local businesses and high street stores
- Training budget
- Cycle to work scheme
- Performance related bonuses
- Option to buy and sell annual leave days
- Regular social events
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To ensure we are as inclusive as possible, we are open to discussing part-time working.
How to apply
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please send your Portfolio and CV to email@example.com.
Sorry, but strictly NO AGENCIES.